Wednesday 22 April 2009

Duplicity



Jena and I went to the movies last week for two reasons:

1. We were going to go to the beach but the bizarre weather of late meant it was cloudy and not so hot.

2. I was having inhuman-strength cravings for popcorn.

We ended up at the mall and decided that we both wanted a good ogle at Clive Owen (we weren't disappointed, he has rather nice chest hair!) but having seen the movie, are none the wiser to what it was actually about. It was a spy/romance about two spies who share a romantic past who attempt to rip their bosses off and make a forturne....but we're not even sure we get the romance part.



I'm not good with movies that aren't in chronological order. I'm getting better, but things like Pulp Fiction, Vantage Point and any of those that tell a story from multiple angles or skip back and forth between time periods just spin me out. So we couldn't tell when Clive and Julia's characters actually met and got together and why they ended up shafted at the end of the movie and why all the other characters seemed in on it.



Apart from gathering that Julia Roberts is perhaps one of the best actresses around and that Clive is delicious and welcome at our place for dinner any time, there's not much more I can say about it because I just don't know!

No comments: