Thursday 26 November 2009

Shame on you Chanel!

Frankly, I am appalled and I wonder how real socialites feel.

In my line of work there is an unbelieveable amount of down time. That time is usually spent recovering from long haul flights, trying out new cake recipes in the kitchen, catching up on our latest and most favourite tv shows and the ultimate female guilty pleasure - reading trashy magazines that feature products that we know are so expensive we'll never own. Also, most of this high end stuff is so revolting that even if I DID have the money, I wouldn't waste it on that chintzy rubbish that people dub ''wearable art''.

That said, I was absolutely horrified to hear that Lily Allen, Britain's number 1 trashtastic party girl is Chanel's new IT girl. I didn't really believe that the fashion giant would have such a lack of taste, but then I saw it just 2 days ago. I physically recoiled in horror - the only person I can think of who'd be worse in this job is the Jordan, the English ''fashion model''. Most of you know her as the ridiculously large-breasted creature who sports fake everything - from eyelashes to talons, to tan to hair extensions.

Here we have a picture of Lily Allen in her new day job:



And it begs to be asked: how on earth did the girl who carries on like this get the much coveted role of toting around all of those quilted Chanel bags???








This isn't to say she's not a funky singer who comes up with some very catchy tunes. It IS to say that when I think Chanel - I think of women who ooze charm - think Audrey Hepburn, Meryl Streep, Susan Sarandon, Helen Mirren, Julianne Moore. Sadly, the fashion industry tells us all of these ladies are too ''mature'' to tote such bags around.
Seems a stylist and a makeover can help even the trashiest of trashbags.

2 comments:

عبد السلام said...

salut eun bel phottttes!!

Unknown said...

Oh how i covet the 2.55!
Life really ain't fair...why do great things happen to trashy people?! ...& i always wear underwear when i go out to parties. Perhaps that is wherein my mistake lies ;)