Friday 9 February 2007

Fancy a Scone?

Well it's that time again: time for a new bad cat picture. This is Stu:




I called home today to ask Mum if she had a scone recipe - I woke up from my post-flight nap craving scones and had to have them right away. I tried the recipe out on my friend Jena and she rates them. If you're also craving scones, try this recipe:

2 cups self raising flour
a pinch of salt
90 grams (3 ounces) of butter
2/3 cup of milk
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
30 grams extra sugar

* Sift flour and salt into bowl. * Rub in butter until mixture resembles fine bread crumbs. * Add milk slowly. * Mix to a soft dough. * Turn on to floured surface. * Knead lightly. * Roll out to a 1/4 an inch thickness. * Cut into rounds using a cutter or something round - I use a cup. * Brush top and sides with melted extra butter. * Mix sugar and cinnamon and brush sprinkle over butter . * Place on greased surface and cook for 10-15 minutes (until lightly brown) in a hot oven (180 degrees).

To make them extra special, try them with a glass of Baileys on ice - we did and they were tops!

No comments: