Friday 22 August 2008

Sunshine, in London....SERIOUSLY?!?!?!


As the month draws to a close I think it's time to reflect on what an awesome roster I've had. This is most unusual for someone at the bottom of the bidding hierarchy but I figure after a not-so-wonderful reserve month I deserved this month's fabulousness: Dusseldorf, London, Paris, Dusseldorf and 2-day Malta!!

Next month isn't to be sneezed at either!

Following the split open toe disaster that was Dusseldorf I ended up in London and shopped up a storm in Sainsbury's. Yes, the food in Dubai grocery stores still sucks big time, so whenever we go to somewhere civilised we all stock up. This time was no exception! I bypassed the shopping centre behind the hotel (shock!) and opted for a leisurely stroll through the neighbouring park and into grocery heaven! Normally I shop in Marks & Spencer but this time I thought I'd give Sainsbury's a go. I came out loaded up with freshly baked bread, milk, ham and the mother load of yoghurt! I've become insanely addicted to Biopot yoghurt here in Dubai and at almost 25 dizzas a pop (£3.70) it's an expensive habit. At good old Sainsbury's they were selling 2 for £1.50!!! So, like the lunatic I sometimes am, I bought 6. Yes, SIX. Who knows when the hell I'll get around to eating them, but thankfully they have a longer-than-Dubai expiry date so I've still got a few weeks.



As I walked back though the park I realised the rather hideous looking garden was perhaps hideous for a reason. It was scented garden for the blind - meaning that all the plants that were planted had been picked for the scent of their flowers or leaves. I love flowers but really couldn't identify many. There was lots of lavender and a few large bunches of gorgeous pink lillie nestled in amongst some yucky, prickly brambly looking plants.



The biggest shocker of all? BLUE SKIES in London. I swear. A few clouds thrown in for good measure, but I could still see blue bits.



Of course this encouraged all the locals to get out in shorts and t-shirts and even a few skanky school girls to prance around in hotpants and heels doing a car wash. I'm surprised they didn't cause a traffic accident. Not so family friendly but not so atypical for London really, innit?

1 comment:

GirlonTour said...

I stumbled across your blog and glad I did. Fellow Brissie girl....NOICE. I look forward to making my way through your posts.