Friday 25 September 2009

Antony and The Johnsons

Since I'm such a caring and sharing person and I'm awake at 1.06am for some ungodly reason that can't be blamed on jetlag, I thought I'd share something pretty awesome with you all.

A super-gorgeous, very talented musical friend of mine who lives in Finland (you know who you are) was discussing music with me recently and clued me in on an awesome band. Jena already knows about them, no surprise there with all of her net-cruising and pj-clad blog reading, but I'm sure there are many of you out there who haven't yet heard of ANTONY AND THE JOHNSONS and if you haven't, you need to!

Put aside the slight corniness of some of the songs, check this out. This guy's voice is trés amazing!!

The Lake:



Rapture:



Fistful of Love:



If you check them out on youtube, don't be put off my his mullet or how weird he looks when he sings live or how whack the clips are that some people have made. The ones I've just put up are a little odd but they're the best example of his voice.

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Sodwee said...

I got some amazing covers from him if you want them ! Knocking on heaven's door and Crazy in love from beyonce. both are great !